Cab Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In the USA has become one of the trending searches on the Google platform. A lot of cab drivers across the world now want to Immigrate to the United States of America to further their driving career.
However, if you are one of the people out there with outstanding driving skills and want to move over to the US via employment Sponsorship, this article is for you. Make sure you get every bit of the information provided here to avoid making unnecessary mistakes as you strive to achieve your goal.
Table of Contents
Cab Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
Cab drivers are also known as drivers. There’s no significant difference between the two words cab and taxi. So should in case you come across any of them (cab or Taxi) on this content, just know that they are the same.
Taxi/Cab drivers play an important role in the transportation industry, especially in large American cities.
However, top Cab companies are currently hiring drivers abroad to cope with the 20% increase in taxi jobs nationwide. However, most of these car driver companies offer free work visas to their foreign employees. Which is a good avenue for Foreigners seeking visa Sponsorship.
Who is A Cab/Taxi Driver in USA?
A Cab driver is someone who picks up customers and takes them to a destination for a fee. Taxi drivers mostly work under a registered Cab company, while some work as on a private basis.
Basic Requirements for Cab Driving Jobs In USA
Here are the requirements you need to be a cab driver in US;
- Have a valid driver’s license from your original country
- Pass a USA driver’s license test.
- Have Taxi License
- Cab drivers must have a car that adheres to the safety and maintenance standards?
- You must have an insurance cover equal to or greater than the state minimums. This is taken out by the company that has employed you except you’re a private driver.
- Have a Clean Driving Record
These are requirements you must meet to be hired as a Cab/taxi driver in the United States.
How to Find Cab Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship in USA
You can use a simple online search to find jobs available in America right now. To begin your taxi driver job search, you can find available jobs by visiting usjobs website, indeed jobs.co, etc.
On this US jobs search websites, apply for available cab/taxi jobs vacancy, with US cab companies that offer work visa Sponsorship to foreigners.
However, to receive a work visa for the USA you will first require a job offer from an employer in the USA. And without a job offer and an employer to sponsor you, you can’t apply for the visa.
How to Apply for Cab Driving Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
However, the section below will guide you on how to find a Cab Driving Jobs in the US with visa Sponsorship,
- Navigate to https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Taxi+Driver
- Navigate through the page to find your desired Job
- Once you find the Job, proceed with the online application process
- Make sure you submit the US job required application documents and follow the steps appropriately
If you are successful, you will receive your job offer from your Employee
Cab Drivers US Work Visas Application for Foreigners
Foreigners who want to work in the USA as cab drivers, must first all get a job offer from US Employer, willing to sponsor their visa.
Once you get a US job offer, your employer will have to file a petition on your behalf at USCIS office.
After the petition is approved the Employer will then info the employee on when and how to apply for the US work visa.
Skills and Responsibilities of Cab Driver In the US
A good cab driver should have the following skills;
- Have a map and Reading Skills. Cab drivers must be able to navigate themselves around a city.
- Have knowledge of local culture to be able to find their way easily- in order to take you where you want to go.
- Possess multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be patience
- Have good Driver skills
These are the basic skills a good Us taxi driver should have.
Benefits of Being A Taxi Driver In the US
Check out the following benefits of being a cab driver in the USA;
- Get good pay at the end
- The taxi driver can get cash benefits from their passengers
- Enables you to meet new people on a daily basis
- Keep learning To Navigate Cities
- Enjoy Consistent Work
- A means to earn a living
These are some of the benefits of working as a cab driver
Which Cities Have Highest Cab Driving Jobs Demand in the US?
The following cities are cities trying to hire taxi drivers to fulfill the demand.
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Las Vegas
Which driver’s License do I need as a Cab driver in USA?
If you’re a foreigner in the United States you must have an International Driving Permit or IDP. The IDP is a form of identification that many countries around the world recognize. However, it translates your identification into 10 languages and allows you to drive legally in a different country.
How can I become a taxi driver in USA?
The basic requirements for working as a taxi driver in the United States of America include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license
- Basic math skills.
However, training for taxi drivers may include:
- Driver safety workshops.
- Taximeter operation.
- Completing paperwork.
- Working with customers.
- Ideal routes to popular destinations.
How much do cab drivers earn in USA?
Cab drivers in the US earn a median salary of around $32,320. However, the best-paid 25 percent made around $41,060 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made around $25,440. However, the figures may differ.
How much do NYC cab drivers make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, New York cab drivers make around $32,000 a year.
How do I become a taxi driver in NYC?
Here are the Application Requirements for becoming a cab driver
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- You must have a current chauffeur license or New York State Class A, B, C, or E issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, or equivalent from any other state.
- Owe no debts to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, the Department of Motor Vehicles, or the Department of Finance